More Ka Mate reviews

Ka Mate: Travels in New Zealand may have been out for almost a year now, but there's still no sign of the interest slowing down. In the life of the struggling, penniless writer this always counts as good news.

Last week not only did I make an appearance (and meet some other local writers) at the annual PNWA Conference Autograph Party, but I also received two new reviews from bloggers. The truly great news is that both were positive reviews, too. Clearly someone is smiling upon me.

First up is this review from the Vegemitevix blog. Okay, so she did get my name wrong first time around (for more on Davegate, see her blog post on the name mix-up here), but it's nice to get a true Kiwi opinion on Ka Mate. If she wishes that I'd gone to some of the more far-out places, then trust me, so do I. Anyone who wants to pay for my return ticket to New Zealand can contact me below.

Book Corner - Ka Mate, review by Vicki Jeffels

The second review came courtesy of the 1Dad1Kid blog, a great travel memoir site that's as readable as any travel writing I've found online. The other big plus is that this blogger loved the book - so I have to show him some love back, right? "Ka Mate has a great blend of humor, interesting adventurous pursuits, and cultural insights"... how can I resist?

Book Review: Ka Mate: Travels in New Zealand, review by Talon

Now comes the big question. How can the next seven days possibly live up to this?

Comments