Thanks, Son

It's been a while since I've posted anything new on here. Life got away from me once again, sapping both my energy and my time, pulling me into its relentless flow. I guess that's what being a Dad is all about.

It may come as a surprise to hear that I still occasionally find time to write, however. Maybe I can't clock up the word counts I used to pre-fatherhood, but I still know how to put pen on paper (or finger on iPad touchscreen, at least). That's why I decided to write a short piece for The Good Men Project's One Month of Thankfulness series. Because, at the end of the day, I find I'm still thankful for every tiny opportunity that comes my way.

You can read my piece here: 'A Month of Thankfulness: Jacob, My Son'. In it I'm thankful for beer, and for nights out, and for peace and quiet. And all the other things I struggle to find any more. Oh, and for Jacob. Thanks, son.

Comments