Embracing the Strange

If you've been paying attention to my Twitter and Facebook feeds, you'll know that I've recently launched (and successfully crowdfunded) a new literary journal. The Shadow Booth will be making its first appearance this December, as a full-length (200-page) mass market paperback of weird and eerie fiction partly inspired by the old Pan Books of Horror.

I'll be adding details on how to order it to this page in the near future (although some of you might already have pre-ordered, via our Kickstarter - in which case, thank you!). In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the essays and interviews I've done to promote it. Hopefully they'll go some way towards explaining why I've decided to launch it, why I'm attracted to the weird and the eerie - and what exactly those terms mean.

Here are some links to the key pieces:

Face the Strange: A Case for the Weird and the Eerie on the Ginger Nuts of Horror website.

Everything is Weird These Days on the STORGY website

Lessons in Launching a Literary Journal on the TSS Publishing website

Inside The Shadow Booth - interview on the Gehenna & Hinnom website

Crowdfunding Literature - interview on the ZeroFlash website

There, that wasn't so strange - was it?

Comments