'Ka Mate' interview online now!

When I'm not writing, you'll often find me talking to other writers and interviewing them for publications like Spike magazine and CultureMob. There's no better way to get a grip on what (and how) an author thinks than to hear them speak, and interviews are the perfect opportunity for that - plus they help us all pretend that writing is the new rock'n'roll...

One of the pleasures of writing Ka Mate: Travels in New Zealand has been that I occasionally get to sit on the other side of the desk, however, and it's been an eye-opening experience. Book blogger The Review Girl recently interviewed me for her site, and it was a whole different experience on the other end of the questions. If nothing else, being interviewed forces you to form an opinion on matters that had only been vague concepts in your mind before. Now I know why all those politicians stutter and sweat on camera.

Anyway, all this preamble is building up to the fact that you can read The Review Girl's interview with me by following the link below:

Be My Guest: Author Interview: Dan Coxon

Thanks again to The Review Girl for taking the time to talk to me, for giving Ka Mate such a sparkling review, and for asking such challenging questions. Maybe I'll consider being a little gentler next time I'm on the other side of the desk...

Comments