Buddy's Back...

So far 2014 has been a busy year. I've spent the last few months working my fingers to nubs as editor of Litro, and I'm pleased to say that it's bearing fruit. We have a fantastic new Augmented Reality issue due in a few weeks, as well as 'Somewhere Between the Borders' in June (introduced by bestselling travel writer Rory MacLean) and a Music issue in July (guest edited by Kele Okereke of Bloc Party). We have an event on 8 June at the Stoke Newington Literary Festival, and some very exciting news on the way about one of this year's major outdoor music festivals.

But that's not what this is about. This is about getting back to basics, spending some time with an old friend, and uncovering as many horrible cliches as I can about getting back on the horse. Litro has taken up so much of my time recently that my own writing has been slow in coming. I've been so busy editing everyone else that there's been very little time for my own work.

I'm glad to say the drought is over. My story 'Bud' has just appeared on the Monkeybicycle website, and it's a personal favourite of mine. Short, sweet and laced with vomit, it's a story about the lengths we'll go to to protect our families. Please read it. You'll love it. Even with the aftertaste of vomit.

For now, though, it's back to my editorial duties for a while. If you can make it along to the Litro Live! event on 8 June, please come and say hi. And if you've read the story I might even buy you a beer...

Comments